10.19.2007

New aerial photos!



I have just posted some new images on Flickr and you should check them out!

The first set...

These are all aerial photos taken from the plane on a recent trip back to Chicago. I have long been struck by the impact that we have on the landscape that we inhabit (after all... this has been the basis of my Urban Textiles project), and the impact is never more evident than it is from the air!

I find it facinating that we try to impose such a structured order on such an organically shaped landscape. It is almost funny to watch from the air as we struggle to maintain this tighly ordered grid even when crossed with meandering rivers, rugged mountains, or the harsh desert plateaus. I hope you find these photos as facinating as I do!

The other set...

These photos were taken at the same time... but they simply focus on natural beauty.

Enjoy!
Jeff
p.s. - Please pardon all the dust spots... I had some nasty dust inside my camera and these are only rough proofs.

No comments: